And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
— Khalil Gibran
Today I received this, the seventh in a series of Noodler’s Konrad Pens made of ebonite. This one is the Noodler’s Konrad Jade Ripple design.
I’ve fitted it with my Nemosine 0.8 mm nib and have loaded it with Private Reserve Avacado. Continue reading
A fun video to watch.
Paper Aeroplanes – Stones Inside Your Shoes
Thanks Leigh Reyes on Youtube.
I wanted to share some images here of the performance I saw of Noodler’s x-Feather in adverse conditions.
- Ultra-Cheap, Ultra-Porous, Ultra-Absorbant, Office-Max writing pad paper.
- Vintage Flex Pen: Black Hard Rubber Golden Rule Pen, with a very juicy Warranted 14K flex nib
- Noodler’s x-Feather.. of course. Continue reading
I’ve been assembling my arsenal of inks that show little to no feathering on office-quality paper, and in this pursuit, I got to experimenting with brown colors that I had available at the time.
The three inks that I tried were the following:
- Pelikan 4001 Brilliant Brown – Pelikan M200 Italic pen
- J. Herbin Terre de Feu – Noodlers Konrad & Monteverde 1.1 nib
- Sheaffer Skrip Brown – Noodler’s Konrad & Monteverde 1.1 nib
All three pens have more or less the same flow (two of them being identical)
I did my tests on two types of paper. One was the OfficeMax writing pad and the other was plain old copy paper.
Here are the results of my testing on OfficeMax Writing pad:
Now for some close-ups of each individual ink. Continue reading